Kids why not take your favourite grown-up for a walk on the wild side at Africa Alive! with our new Big Keeper/Little Keeper experience. This experience is ideal for adults and children who are mad about wildlife and want to share magical moments with our animals. If you would like to be a keeper for a morning with your mum, dad, granny, grandad, aunt or uncle this is the experience for you. Guests must be from the same household.
This experience, for one adult and one child, is three hours spent working with one of our qualified keepers and a range of animals. Zoo-per activities may include:
- Preparing the diets for the Giraffe, Porcupine and Meerkats at animal kitchens under controlled conditions.
- Going down to the giraffe and feeding them their browse.
- Going down to the rhino and giving them a brush down/applying mud or cream and then doing some cleaning.
- Going to red river hogs and feeding them browse.
- Going up to the fossa and placing enrichment in the outside enclosure and feeding using extendable tongs.
- Throwing food over to porcupines/meerkats.
The voucher, which is valid for 12 months, comes with complimentary zoo admission for the participating adult and child plus two guests, at least one of which must be a responsible adult/parent or guardian. It also includes experience T-shirts, a certificate of participation and a copy of all your photos to take home!
Please note minimum age for participating child is 8 years.
Please be aware that pregnant women will be unable to take part in any pre-booked experience.
The price for this joint experience is £225.
Alternatively, for more information, or to book please call Guest Services Team on 01502 740291 or email: email@example.com
All Banham Zoo & Africa Alive! Annual/2 Year Pass holders receive 10% discount on the above pre-booked experience.
*Please note, during peak season, our experience are booked up several weeks in advance. To avoid disappointment we recommended contacting us more than three weeks ahead for any requested experience dates.